I've been tagged by Tabor, whose blog One Day at a Time is always such good reading, I too only go one stepping stone at a time!
I shall join the game.The rules are as follows :
- link to the person who tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
- share 7 random or weird things about yourself.
- tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs
- let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
1. I am a bellringer. I didnt start till late in life, and went out and found somewhere to learn. A compulsion to do it. I think I must have spent a past life being a monk in Japan hitting those huge bells with logs of wood and English church bells is as close as I could get?!
2. I admire, and try to follow the teachings of the Buddha. He was a
sensible guy with practical solutions to all life's challenges. I should meditate more - I know its the right thing to do to make life easier and happier. "Peace in oneself. Peace in the world" as Thich Naht Hanh
3. I love the Chalice Well Gardens in Glastonbury
- an oasis of peace and quiet, which tolerates and welcomes all views and beliefs.
4.I learned ballet almost as soon as I could walk, and still love movement of all kinds including t'ai chi.
5. I completed a distance learning course in Japanese gardens recently - and received the annual senior tutors' coursework prize. I've been to Kyoto three times, and think that the temple gardens there are the most sublime places in the world. They are not all gravel and stones! Bliss. Especially the rare occasions when Ive heard a temple bell being hit.
6. Last year, as well as full time work during the day, I was doing some regular activity EVERY night of the week. Reluctantly I gave up some. I couldn't stand the pace.
7. Its all my brother's fault that I enjoy science fantasy fiction. He is eight years older than me, I used to sneak a look at his Eagle magazines, and read his books too! Luckily I am a librarian so get to find out all the new books. But my reading stamina is limited, so I read teenage or young adult fiction.I shall tag these 7 people. I hope they find the time to join the game at some point.
Zen on Zen's Sekai I - by Land
Kerri on Colors Of The Garden
Vishwa on A Walk in the Drizzle
Tanya on The Purple Giraffes
Rowan on The Circle of the Year
Cate on Beyond the Fields we know
Jim Otterstrom on Earth Home Garden