stepping stones of truth

A journey along the path of life - the stones can be rough, smooth or even wobbly!

Monday, September 11, 2006

Late summer

I couldn't justify sitting indoors with Youngest Daughter doing our latest jigsaw with the lovely outdoors calling, so we went for a slow Sunday afternoon amble across the river and up the hill. The air was warm, and we enjoyed the coolness by the river, looking at the ducks dabbling in the clear water. It was an effort to move ourselves, but walked on by the cottages in the valley and up the footpath to the woods. I had taken the camera and so here is a photo diary of our walk. I missed the moment only by seconds when YD disturbed some pheasants, who exploded into the air with noisy alarm! If you look carefully on the interpretation board of the village walks you can see our house, The Old School.






4 Comments:

At 11:44 am, Blogger Tabor said...

Gorgeous photos. I have a thistile photo that I took in Colorado that looks almost exactly like the one you posted. Nature paints with the exact same brush it seems. I just love the "old and settled" look of the area. We in the states are surrounded by 'new' so much.

 
At 1:15 pm, Blogger Val said...

Idyllic looking place! Look too good to be real. How's the Millenium conference going eh?

 
At 6:46 pm, Blogger Val said...

I am here in Chester at the Millennium conference! Its going really well. For librarians they are fun loving people, even if they are mostly from academic and university libraries! I am writing this on a guest internet access at the uni in Chester, having just walked the Roman walls around the town (took 40 minutes with wonderful views)

I have been here before on an internet reunion last year, and find the city still charming, as cities go. But I have no opportunity to enjoy the wonderful shops! We are fully occupied during the hours they are open! Rats!

Better go, I have just snatched some time to reply to emails and comments. I shall have a lot of blog reading to catch up when I get back at the weekend.

 
At 10:22 pm, Blogger Alice said...

Val - I loved your photos, they are so typically English, or what I always think of when I remember being in England. I do envy all your greenery at this stage of summer - something we can never hope to achieve unless it's the tropics.

Isn't Chester the most delightful city? We'd have loved to have spent more than just one day there. Before we went to England our daughters used to try and pick places that they thought we might like to live. We agreed with all of their choices, and Chester was one, but after 3 months in Bristol we spent 7 months in Ivybridge, Devon. We loved it all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home