stepping stones of truth

A journey along the path of life - the stones can be rough, smooth or even wobbly!

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Water, water, everywhere

I was reflecting on how much I enjoy being near water. There is nothing like it for inducing peace, calm and balance. Whether its the river running through my village, or the sea, or the tranquillity of a pond in a Japanese temple - it has a magical influence on me.

I succumbed and purchased a "water feature", made popular in English gardens recently by a well endowed female gardener on TV. A large rock with a hole, through which water musically bubbles up and flows over it in a never ending song. Very soothing. My husband prosaically calls it "The Leak"! I dont really enjoy fountains, which isnt surprising - as in Japanese gardens water never goes up, a small bubbling something is about the limit of unnatural "upness".

Here are some of my favourite watery photos from Scotland, Egypt and Japan.






3 Comments:

At 6:41 am, Blogger Val said...

As you might have guessed, the Japanese photos are my favorites. Hmmm, must plant some nasturtium.

 
At 8:39 pm, Blogger Kerri said...

I'm in awe of your photographic skills! These are wonderful! I agree, water is one of my favourite things too. Having lived near the ocean for so many years, I know exactly what you mean by it's calming, peaceful influence. I miss it very much. To walk along a beach and hear and smell the ocean is my idea of heaven.
Will you show us a picture of your new water feature (please)? I'm chuckling about your husband's name for it. Mine would think up something similar, I'm sure :)

 
At 10:53 pm, Blogger Zen said...

Marvelous Photos...
or simply smashing perhaps is the phrase :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home