stepping stones of truth

A journey along the path of life - the stones can be rough, smooth or even wobbly!

Monday, June 05, 2006

Pebbles...how many did you get this time?

Tabor asked a question, and David rightly answered - with another question! But I was quite careful to bring small ones home this time, well, mostly small anyway:- Iona marble, mermaid's tears which are the tiny green translucent bits of marble(I never did tell the myth behind the name did I?) and a few themed ones with stripes. But they were so heavy that I had to carry them about my person onto the plane home, rather than in the checked-in rucksack. The tiny pink things are cowrie shells.


Today at work seemed a much longer day than the one spent beach-combing at St Columba's Bay at the south end of Iona. Too tired to write any more but it was a wonderful week. More photos of boots, bays, bluebells and puffins later!

4 Comments:

At 11:12 am, Blogger Tabor said...

It looks like pieces of sea urchin casings and a moon shell as well. Lovely finds all arranged just as they are. I did the same thing once when we went to a bay in Canada. The rocks were all fist size and yet so lovely that I brought back a hugh bowl full.

 
At 12:25 pm, Blogger Kerri said...

Beachcombing, what lovely fun!
This is a delightful arrangement of your pretty pebbles.
I'll look forward to the boots, bays, bluebells and puffin pics! Glad you had such a wonderful week.

 
At 12:51 pm, Blogger Val said...

Welcome back - you've been missed! And I can't wait to learn what puffins are...

 
At 4:28 am, Blogger Kristen said...

Just happened across your blog, as I pine for things Iona related, so I wanted to say hello. I have to admit I am envious of your collection of mermaids tears! I spent 6 weeks on Iona and only found a small fraction of what you did, and none were very big! Good luck with the transition back to everyday life - never easy - especially after a week there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home