stepping stones of truth

A journey along the path of life - the stones can be rough, smooth or even wobbly!

Friday, May 05, 2006

My own stepping stones

After a day in London, it is bliss to be back among the green hills of Dorset and open space, and my own stepping stones - aaaahhh *blissful sigh*


I was on a day course called "Applications to enhance information provision : web blogs and wikis" at CILIP which is my professional institution. It was a very interesting day, well run by Phil Bradley whose blog is an excellent place for keeping up with new search engines and internet happenings. And the hot lunch there is one of the best I have ever come across on any library workshop - this time it was salmon and spinach in puff pastry with wonderful salads, and loads of veggie options. It was so good that I forgave them their lack of dessert. I now need a week off to evaluate all the useful utilities that I discovered on the course!

So, much as I find the town of my birth and youth an exhilarating place to be, I breathe a happy sigh as I come back to the tranquillity and delights of a garden waking up to summer.



5 Comments:

At 10:32 am, Blogger Phil said...

Thanks for the mention Val - I'm glad that you enjoyed the day!

Phil.

 
At 3:10 pm, Blogger Kerri said...

Oh so pretty! These are beautiful photos Val. Thanks for the glimpse of your spring garden. It's gorgeous! That lunch sounds delicious.

 
At 3:10 pm, Blogger Kerri said...

Oh so pretty! These are beautiful photos Val. Thanks for the glimpse of your spring garden. It's gorgeous! That lunch sounds delicious.

 
At 10:14 am, Blogger Val said...

Val,

Your stepping stone area looks so quiet and tranquil, and isn't the Japanese maple a beautiful color. I love the look of your timber decking. Does it cover a large area?

 
At 11:09 am, Blogger Tabor said...

What a wonder the restorative wakening of a garden is for the soul.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home