stepping stones of truth

A journey along the path of life - the stones can be rough, smooth or even wobbly!

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

These precious days : family


You may have read back along that I have a new granddaughter, I have been up to London to visit several times, and she has been down to Dorset to visit her rural roots.

Its a precious time when all the family are together.

Its seems only yesterday that Youngest Daughter came back down to Dorset, but I think it was two years ago (I know it was in a summer anyway!). A few weeks ago she and her lovely boyfriend (thats him behind the candles in the photo) moved into a delightful cottage - in our village! How wonderful is that! The best of all worlds as far as I am concerned. And he has a young springer spaniel called Wilson, and I know she missed not having a dog.


That's her by the front door. The special thing is that the owners of the cottage live right next door, and have known her since she was born and are excellent and kind landlords. Also some dear friends of ours (almost second parents to her) live in the house two doors away. Everything just seemed to fall into place - the house became vacant as soon as they were looking around for somewhere. Perfect.

6 Comments:

At 9:36 am, Blogger Tabor said...

Sometimes things just are perfect. Enjoy this very special time in your life...as I know you will!

 
At 10:02 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How beautiful. I am so pleased for all of you. Thank you for calling by with your comment.Things can only be good when there is so much love and warmth around! What precious people in your photos!

 
At 1:19 pm, Blogger Suzie Ridler said...

What a beautiful family and lovely place to live. I enjoyed the pictures very much. I have always wanted to travel to the UK, it looks so wonderful.

You're very welcome for the update on the starry skies. It helps to know that there are other forces out there influencing the world in order to prepare for them. Mercury going retrograde always makes life more...interesting.

I hope you're right and that I am just doing a serious cleanse as we begin autumn. I'm totally OK with that. Nice to meet you!

 
At 5:48 pm, Blogger JennifersCabin said...

Lovely to see the family. Why posting at 2am? Hope that is the servers time and not local time.
Be happy J

 
At 7:15 pm, Blogger Val said...

No it was real time. I couldnt sleep!

 
At 2:01 pm, Blogger Kerri said...

Such a dear little face sweet Edie has. And those tiny red-stockinged feet - adorable!
Val, that's such a beautiful family photo.
The cottage is delightful and a very lucky find. How lovely for you to have them close by.
Blessings indeed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home