stepping stones of truth

A journey along the path of life - the stones can be rough, smooth or even wobbly!

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Daffodils

Wordsworth may have seen a "host of golden daffodils" in the wild, but now they come in so many different varieties. Each autumn I try to buy a few more bulbs that will spread the flowering season and add delight - small, large, multi-headed, wonderful colours. Anything but just golden. I had a nearly pink trumpeted one, but it failed to arrive on the earth's surface this year.

Here is a gallery, taken all on one morning - I havent got a clue of any of their names!









3 Comments:

At 6:26 pm, Blogger Tabor said...

At my last house I used to have dozens of different varieties and hundreds of blooms. I was so happy to cut blossoms and put them throughout the house. I used to buy sets of mixed bulbs--50 at a time! Now I have to start that process all over again.

 
At 3:14 am, Blogger Kerri said...

Oh, they're wonderful, Val! I love them all, and your photos are gorgeous.
Mine are almost all the golden variety, although with a few different names...only one of which I know...King Alfred.
I also have a double yellow, and a white with yellow trumpet.
I've been out snapping pics galore. They're such a delight after the long, drab of winter.
I agree with you about the Bonzai. It seems a little like the binding of feet to me. Strangely enough, another blog friend mentioned that in a comment.
The garden is a very tranquil and beautiful place. I wish we'd seen the weeping cherries blooming.

 
At 3:17 am, Blogger Kerri said...

P.S. I think the whites might be Thalia daffs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home