stepping stones of truth

A journey along the path of life - the stones can be rough, smooth or even wobbly!

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Fade to grey

I posted a short article around the topic of "acceptance" recently over at ArkSanctum, called Silver Bells and Cockleshells But right now I am having a testing time at work, with a future looking bleak in an even more boring job with which I am threatened- and acceptance seems like the most impossible state!

What I am seeking are glimpses of hope - in any shape or form.

Here are some from my garden this winter morning:-


A tiny primrose

A daffodil - blooming way ahead of all the others


Fat clematis armandii buds, nestling among the leaves

And snowdrops too, I just cant wait till we have a ray of sunshine to persuade them to open.

But the weather - and my mood - seems set to unsettled and grey. Ah well, I had just better be quiet and watch things change. As surely they will, whether we like it or no.

4 Comments:

At 11:59 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Val, I can so empathize. My job is not boring as I have control over what I do, but it is no longer making a contribution nor respected by those in power. Budget constraints have also made 50% of the people in this office angry and CRAZY!! I try to keep a low profile (although staff continually come to me for advice) and I try to focus on the end of the tunnel.

Tabor

 
At 9:10 pm, Blogger Julie said...

Hi, thanks for writing a comment on my de-lurking post. Always delighted to meet someone from the UK.

My job is what Lila at Indigo Pears calls "spirit killing", but I try to slog on and find beauty and stimulus in other things. It is hard to do in winter in ND though. At least you have SOME green! (Envy, envy.)

Julie

 
At 10:04 pm, Blogger Kerri said...

Those flowers should be a little bit of encouragement for you anyway Val. Your climate is quite a bit milder than ours. We won't see any of those things for about 3 months. Will you have clematis blooms soon? That seems amazing to me!
I do hope things change for the better at work soon...or an acceptible alternative shows itself.
I enjoyed your piece over at ArkSanctum.

 
At 5:39 pm, Blogger HairyBear said...

Right now (very belatedly reading your post!) I have had two separate books coming together. One is Hinds Feet in High Places - have you read it? Wendy has a copy. As well as her need to hold onto the hands of her companions Sorrow and Suffering she also has times where she gains a name as a part of her journey.One which has remained with me "Acceptance with Joy". Oh how beautiful and oh how bloody impossible! Then recently I have read another book which didn't speak to me at all until right at the very end and (badly paraphrasing from bad memory!) the author talks about having a motto - something that resonates, that will change over time but will generally have the same base. For example his was shepherding. Each motto (I think) reflects two ways - one being (for example) his need for God's shepherding and the other way is how he can shepherd others. Not sure what this says about mine though! Much love and peaceful thoughts (reading another jampolsky book about attitudional healing)
Berts xxxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home