stepping stones of truth

A journey along the path of life - the stones can be rough, smooth or even wobbly!

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Checking in....

.... to say that I feel a little under pressure - not that anything has radically altered in my life. Probably just the contrast with the lovely relaxed holiday recently!



This is how the countryside around my village looks right now. I am facing north east, and the village is in the valley, out of the picture to the right the trees. The sun can be quite warm on a day with no wind.

There is still huge uncertainty over the future content of my job, it will probably be downgraded to even more purely office admin type tasks *sigh of boredom*. I shall find out in a week or two. And it is definitely ruled out now being able to offer myself for voluntary redundancy. I shall have to stay on, as I cant afford to lose any of my pension by leaving "early". So I shall have to get used to the idea of working for a while longer in a job that doesnt appeal to me. My chances at age 61 of being able to get another interesting job at my pay scale in local government (in the same pension scheme) are practically nil - but I am looking. There is only the one public library service in the county (within two hours' drive) and we are cutting jobs!

But I shall have to try to look on the bright side, and enjoy all the other delights in my life!

So to that end, here are some snapshots of Spring!! More things flowering in the garden, AND I took down two old large tree stumps (well my neighbour did it for me!) and that has opened up more possibilites for redesign - should I ever get the time!


One of the hellebore self sown seedlings

A more colourful hellebore - always a shame the flowers droop down shyly


Clematis armandii flowers nestling among the evergreen leaves


Such a welcome sight on the patio - daffodils and tiny early tulips

6 Comments:

At 9:50 pm, Blogger Kerri said...

I read in your words how this job fiasco is challenging your positive nature, and my heart goes out to you dear Val. I hope and pray for the best outcome possible!
There's just something about the UK countryside that pulls at my heartstrings. It's glorious! What a view you have!
Hellebores that self sow...lucky you! I think mine is going to end up a soggy, mushy washout, but maybe it's too early to tell. It's a first year plant. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Yours are both beautiful.
Clematis is another of my passions, and you know how I love daffs and tulips! Thanks so much for sharing your touches of spring!! We have sunshine here this afternoon :)
xoxo

 
At 8:00 pm, Blogger Zen said...

Ganbatte ! One day , one hour, one moment at a time!

 
At 9:13 pm, Blogger kerrdelune said...

Val, this is a beautiful post, and I loved looking at your part of the world - my own part of the world is very snowy at present and we have acquired another 32 centimeters today.

 
At 9:22 am, Blogger HairyBear said...

Remember when Dad had those awful years at the bank? When they shunted him round and eventually stuffed him up in the attic (though he did manage tofit in many many (acutally daily!) afternoon naps up there but eventually he ended up at Pilsdon and I don't think he's ever been happier in his work. Black clouds and silver linings and all that. Or just a strong wind to to blow the clouds away.

 
At 5:34 pm, Blogger Julie said...

Wow, Val, Amazing to hear that Canandian winds are affecting you right now. A couple of my English blogging friends have really been affected by the winds (overturned henhouses, felled trees, et). I hope your area and its lovely flowers are okay.

Julie

 
At 3:56 pm, Blogger HORIZON said...

Things sound rough on the job front Val- sorry to hear because it makes it harder getting up in the mornings. Love the hellebore - can l ask when you put out the seeds? My hellebore didn't come out great this year but l gathered seeds and am unsure and to when they go out. Beautiful pics of the spring flowers. l love down south for the fact everything starts that mush earlier and the lesser chance of frosts.
bests and keep your chin up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home