stepping stones of truth

A journey along the path of life - the stones can be rough, smooth or even wobbly!

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Love at first sight

I was in Southampton, a large town and Shopping Heaven. I was walking back to the train station after taking my employer to an Employment Tribunal (over not being allowed into the local government pension scheme when I was a part time worker - I failed, but thats another story).

The trouble was that I did not actually want nay even desire any clothes! What a waste. All those shops and no Shopping Need.

However my eyes lead me into a shoe shop and the rest of me followed. I was in love.

Utter perfection!

Iwas way out of the demographic and I must have brought the average age down quite a bit. The customers and the staff were all so young! The shoe that reeled me in was a total delight to my elderly eyes. I tried to keep cool, and asked to try them on, but I knew I was going to buy them just to feast my eyes on even if they didnt fit!

Its said of the brand RocketDog (and I quote the website of the shop where I was gazing in wonderment):-
Los Angeles based Rocket Dog have quite simply been something of a phenomenon in the footwear market. Aimed at the female who has a mind of her own and can be found shunning the polished look of the previous generation. Famed for their wacky, cute, weird, wonderful, exciting, original.....you know what? You will just love them, end of story!

Ugh! Nearly puts me off. But at least the company was named after a real dog, owned by one of the founders.


I remember that Tanya and others wrote posts a while back about their favourite shoes, so here is mine. The only other trainers I have owned were old Nikes bought by the Youngest Daughter but too large for her.

How about a back view :-
And a side view:-

Lastly, please enjoy some detail showing the contrast of dark black suede, pink and red blossom print textile, quirky calligraphy and joyous exuberance.

*sigh* it must be love......aahhh

3 Comments:

At 3:13 am, Blogger Kerri said...

Val, you're so young at heart :)
I love the shoes!
So, did they fit?
(you certainly have a mind of your own) ;)

 
At 12:52 pm, Blogger Tabor said...

Funky indeed and they look so comfortable.

 
At 3:51 pm, Blogger HORIZON said...

lol- ok l'm sold!!
Love the writing on the side too- funky and comfortable- way to go!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home