stepping stones of truth

A journey along the path of life - the stones can be rough, smooth or even wobbly!

Friday, September 22, 2006

An eggsact science?

Did you know that during an equinox you can balance an egg on its end? Try it now or you will lose the moment for another six months!

No its not just an urban legend. I thought it was till I read about it on Sig Lonegren's website Mid Atlantic Geomancy. "Take a raw egg out of the fridge the night before so it warms up to room temperature. On the Equinox, you will find that you can balance the egg on a flat surface, on its fat end. It doesn't work right away (I think it takes time for the yolk to settle), but keep at it, and suddenly, it will feel like it locks, and you can remove your fingers, and it stays there - balanced on its fat end. Honest."

And it does.

The exact moment of the equinox is 4am Saturday 23rd September apparently, but it works for a day or so either side.

I wonder why? Is there an ancient Celtic or Egyptian myth or legend to explain it?

4 Comments:

At 12:28 pm, Blogger Val said...

This sounds so interesting, Val, but I'm too distracted at the moment to do anything about it. And as you say, it'll be another 6 months until we can test it out again. Laziness wins out again!

 
At 1:43 pm, Blogger Tabor said...

I'll try it if I remember about the egg when I get back to the apartment from the house tomrrow.

 
At 12:35 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had always heard this. It's cool that it is really true!

 
At 9:27 pm, Blogger Kerri said...

Cool! I wish I'd read this closer to the 22nd. I hope I'll remember to try it next time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home