stepping stones of truth

A journey along the path of life - the stones can be rough, smooth or even wobbly!

Monday, March 20, 2006

Spring?

Spring is here! I am bound to regret that bold statement, but it's definite. This weekend the sky was a clear blue, the sun was warm - warm enough for me to feel comfortable without the usual layer upon layer. And there I was, wandering about the garden in a happy daze, wondering how small birds could make so much noise. Their songs filled the air. Yes, spring was definitely here.

The spirea had buds of a colour difficult to describe - orangy pink is just too prosaic, and light seemed to come from within them; the lenten lilies were more prolific than ever; green shoots of all sorts were showing themselves; even the stinging nettles were plying their trade. I had a happy time with the secateurs, snipping and pruning and rediscovering plants that recently looked a soggy brown mess.



And in a sheltered corner, by a warm south facing wall - daffodils! What a cheering sight. Even though the wind may chill us to the bone and the nights will be freezing; even though there may be snow ahead....I have seen it and I have felt it. I have faith. Somewhere hidden, spring is waiting in the wings for its cue. Perhaps "Spring Equinox" are the magic words......

5 Comments:

At 8:46 am, Blogger Vishwa said...

Spring...chattering birds...daffodils...the vibrant colours----must be thrilling to lose oneself in nature at times!!!
Loved the motto of your previous post--'A stag when pressed becomes a lion'. Good one.

 
At 7:35 pm, Blogger David said...

Your daffys beat my little goarse. Nice one! But I beg to differ: A stag, when pressed, makes an enormous mess of your flower book.

 
At 11:42 pm, Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

Love the photo!

 
At 4:35 am, Blogger Val said...

Spring is here! I am bound to regret that bold statement

And here in the southern hemisphere I was thinking: Autumn is here! I am bound to regret etc etc. We are officially one third the way through autmn here but we have had a weekend of 30 plus degrees. Melbourne must be putting on the summer temperatures especially for all the Commonwealth Games visitors.

 
At 5:12 am, Blogger Kerri said...

Oh this is lovely! Such sweet daffodils. I'm happy for you that spring is finally springing :)It won't be long 'til you have colour everywhere. Our lawn is showing a green tinge and I saw a robin yesterday!! We had a cold, windy week, but warmer temps today. It's coming!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home