stepping stones of truth

A journey along the path of life - the stones can be rough, smooth or even wobbly!

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Tagged!

Well, it looks as though I’ve been tagged by the Other Val. I always wondered what it was all about, and now I know!

Here goes (at least it looks more fun than the best four film, best four holiday places, etc)

What were three things when you were little you wanted to be when you grew up?
  • A ballerina
  • An air hostess
  • A nurse
And in that order too. I reckoned that you had to be fit and supple for the first, pretty for the second, and tough for the third. I think I was about six, and couldn’t understand why adults laughed at the thought of three careers one after the other. How ahead of my time I was!

You can live one day over again from your childhood. What day will it be?
The day I won the cup at the annual show of my ballet school. It wasn’t the cup for the best dancer, but the was voted for among the girls (sort of player’s player for you sporting types!)

You have two minutes (and a mover with you if you need heavy lifting help!) to grab 5 things from your home before it morphs into a polka dotted hobgoblin and hops away. What will you take? (Food/drink/family/friends excluded!)
  • Mobile phone so I can tell my friends all about it, and get counseling!
  • Backup CDs of my course work, Japanese garden photos and all my other files and images inc the family albums
  • Book case (inc books of course)
  • Mermaid's tears from Iona (I must write about those soon)
  • No number five, I travel light – apart from the books! Well I am a librarian. And apart from my varifocal specs, like the Other Val. But I don’t think they count as things to grab.

You have to paint one quote on your kitchen wall. What is it going to be?
There have been a few quoted here recently. But I think it would have to be one of my own reminders to myself when things irritate me “Ultimately, does it really matter?”

What is the one thing you want to have accomplished by the end of this year?
To have been accepted for, and completed the two week intensive seminar (in English!) run by the Research Center for Japanese Garden Art at Kyoto University in the autumn.

You are moving to the moon for one year and can only bring one flower with you. What kind will you bring?
A sunflower – they always make me smile.

You just received word that aside from one flower, you can also bring five books with you too! Your choices?

  • The Art of Setting Stones: & Other Writings from the Japanese Garden by Marc Peter Keane
  • The Heart of the Buddha’s Teachings by Thich Naht Hanh
  • The out of print book on creating mandalas that I have recently lent out, and I cant remember the publication details. I hang my head in shame.
  • The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley
  • His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman

2 Comments:

At 1:29 am, Blogger Val said...

Well done! Clever about the book case INCLUDING books - I should have thought of that. But hang your head in shame indeed for forgetting publishing details of a loved book. What about a keyword search in the Library of Congress or British Library catalogues??

 
At 12:35 pm, Blogger Kerri said...

The bookcase full of books is a stroke of genius :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home