stepping stones of truth

A journey along the path of life - the stones can be rough, smooth or even wobbly!

Friday, August 14, 2009

Summer

I find it quite difficult, after a lapse in blogging, to restart. And the longer the gap, the more difficult it is somehow! I dont know if other people find that too?

Anyway - here goes. Four photos, now that a warm few weeks has kicked in at last....

My lovely grandaughter, one year old! She has a sunny nature and is such an accurate mimic of movement I think she must have been a dancer in a past life, if not this one surely. I spent a happy few days with her in London.

And then she, and her parents, came down to Dorset. And her doting grandparents (and Aunty and her fiancé) got to look after her while they celebrated their second wedding anniversary with a night at Summer Lodge (though she got to go and splash and swim with them in the sophisticated spa pool!)

Sorry this image on its side, I uploaded it straight from the camera! This is a wonderful sight - I thought, like Zen, that my black bamboo Phyllostachys Nigra had died in all the snow we had last winter. It was his post that reminded me to go and look at mine. And yes, I have new growth too!

And Keri's post about her daylilies made me go and take a photo of my main variety, that was (as she puts it) a passalong. I do so enjoy it. And I have no idea of its name. Any ideas?

4 Comments:

At 5:31 pm, Blogger Zen said...

Oh, look a new blogger (^_^)
Yes, Bamboo are a sturdy lot. Glad to see yours making a come back. A lesson from Nature...


_/|\_

 
At 11:18 am, Blogger Tabor said...

I keep missing many of my blog pals such as yourself and others...but we each must write to our own inner music and if the muse does not strike, it does not! I just planted black bamboo in a corner of the garden this year...like my other perennials, it will be moved this fall!

 
At 1:42 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't help you with the flower, but just wanted to say how delightful your photos are.

 
At 3:54 am, Blogger Kerri said...

What a sweetie your little granddaughter is! Lovely picture of the doting grandparents. I love that sweet little dress, and the pained expression :)
Good news on the bamboo surviving!
The daylily is probably either Kwanzo or Flore Pleno. It looks the same as mine. I think one has more petals than the other. I call mine Flore Pleno, but I'm not absolutely sure it's not Kwanzo.
You're right...it's hard to get back into a regular blogging routine when you haven't been doing it much. It takes me a long time just to catch up with all my blog friends :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home