stepping stones of truth

A journey along the path of life - the stones can be rough, smooth or even wobbly!

Thursday, March 08, 2007

A few spring days ....

As an antidote to all the concerns and uncertainty over the restructuring and changes ahead at work - I decided to redress the work/life balance and take a couple of days off. Youngest daughter has some days off too.

We went to the coast at Kimmeridge yesterday, with tea and cake at Corfe Castle; and for an inland walk today. And here are some photos of daffodils in case you need cheering up! Never fails. Daffodils and sunflowers - both can be guaranteed to raise a smile.






And the weather is glorious!! After all the recent rain though, the countryside is like a sponge - tread on it and it squelches. Get tripped up by brambles and fall full length, all that happens is you get muddy. No damage just a soft landing - I know, I did it today!! Youngest daughter has only just stopped laughing. Luckily the mud dried quickly and was a warm day.

3 Comments:

At 6:05 am, Blogger Val said...

Good to have a laugh, Val. Did you have your trusty boots on? You did the right thing by getting away from the work situation for a bit.

 
At 10:33 pm, Blogger Val said...

Yes, Val, I had the trusty boots on! I was glad I chose a colour that doesnt show the mud!And the Coolmax socks that are waterproof too. Nice thin ones, worn under nice thick ones. A great combination.

 
At 9:29 pm, Blogger Kerri said...

I felt sure I commented on this post, but I guess I didn't! The daffodils are so glorious...oh those vibrant colors! And the ocean...I always love to see photos of it....thank you!
Daughters are not always kind, are they? :) Glad you got out to enjoy the lovely weather.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home