stepping stones of truth

A journey along the path of life - the stones can be rough, smooth or even wobbly!

Monday, February 19, 2007

I AM still here... but busy

I cant believe how long it is since I posted anything here. I manage to snatch the odd moment to read and keep up with my favourite bloggers - but more than that, no chance.

I am writing this, in between cooking an evening meal and going out to pantomime rehearsal. Its time for the village pantomime again, oh yes it is! We only do one every other year, and for this one I only have a small part. The narrator/storyteller who sets the scene at the beginning. Only two pages of dialogue to learn and I can slide off and watch the rest of the show. Ideal. Youngest daughter is principal girl, having grown up doing pantomimes.

If it werent for the rehearsal I would be at t'ai chi - but everything stops for a couple of weeks. I am finding it quite hard to resist the feeling of pressure at having something on every evening. I used to have a free night on Tuesday - but then the Adult Education began running a Japanese language class. It would have been silly not to.

So that leaves Wednesday for meditation group/sangha; Thursday for bellringing; and Friday night for the social group "Drones" in the village. Et voilá - one busy person! Then I fit in all the other things - Chairman of Dorset's Artsreach Chair of Frampton Footlights; editor of the newsletter Here&Now for the UK Buddhist group Community of Interbeing
(forgive the website, we havent got a webmaster right now).

I go to the full time job for a rest I think!

When I was a young Mum, I could do five things at once. And I havent updated my views on that - until now. I am feeling a bit under pressure. Its good that some of my activities are dealing with being in the Here & Now and calm!

Well thats it - I have fifteen minutes to get ready and brush up my words! Bye for now.

6 Comments:

At 8:37 pm, Blogger Zen said...

I was wondering what happened to you. It is good to be busy, that is what keeps us young.

However...do not forget to smell the flowers.

 
At 2:28 am, Blogger Val said...

I'm tired just reading your post! The Japanese is well worth keeping up, best way to keep the brain active is to learn a language. Having said that, I really need to rekindle my Greek studies...

Remember to breathe, Val!

 
At 9:42 pm, Blogger Kerri said...

I'm glad to catch up with what you're up to Val, which is lots! I have no doubt that your brain is staying very active...so you must be keeping quite young! I love languages, but am leaning more towards HTML rather than a foreign language at this point. I'm not sure my brain will absorb and retain either!
We're having a warm up this week...finally! It feels so welcome. Temps of about 35ºF (1.6ºC) today and more promised!

Don't wear yourself out!

 
At 8:41 pm, Blogger HORIZON said...

That's a lot of things going on at once Val- hope your taking your vitamins ;)
l want to be just like you when my Sam gets a bit older- it would be nice to do some things that l enjoy or would enjoy. Try new things out and meet people who like the same.
Nice to see you blogging- only when you can.
Keep well
Bests

 
At 3:00 pm, Blogger Tabor said...

I used to be very busy, but it was more of an addiction rather than a love of the activities that I was involved in. I will need activities when I retire, but I will probably have more than one night off!

 
At 12:07 pm, Blogger acolyte07 said...

Bellringing, right? I used to do bellringing. Sorry, just a random comment.

http://serverconfession.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home