stepping stones of truth

A journey along the path of life - the stones can be rough, smooth or even wobbly!

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

I am back ...


.....but my luggage is not!

It was a calculated risk. My onward flight from Amsterdam to London City airport had been cancelled, but they could get me on an earlier flight - leaving now. "Fine by me, I can make it. But will my case be able to get around Schipol airport to my new plane as fast as I can?" "Sure" said the confident KLM person. Hmmmm.....

Once in London, all I wanted to do was to get home to Dorset and my bed. Its a long day when there are thirty three hours in it, and many of those had been spent in planes. So I didn't wait the two hours for my case, but said "send it on".

Its now two days later and I am going back to work in an hour or two, but I still feel in limbo as all my clothes, toiletries and camera accessories, etc are still travelling. But I have managed to get a couple of photos out of the new camera. The photo above is of a seki-mori- ishi. A stone, bound with black twine, that signifies No Entry in a Japanese garden, placed on path. That's a bit how I feel right now somehow! Stuck and unable to move on.

But it was a wonderful, wonderful time.

3 Comments:

At 1:19 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So what is the new camera type? (Welcome back)

 
At 7:05 pm, Blogger Zen said...

Welcome back Val. Glad you had a safe trip. Yep, days on a plane is very tiring...

Good graphic photo.

Rest & Recharge,

gambatte ne!

 
At 8:33 am, Blogger Kerri said...

Glad you're home safe and sound Val and I do hope your luggage has arrived by now too! Oh, that's a worry until it's back in your hands, isn't it?
I was just saying to our pal Val (smile) that I felt just as you say, "stuck, unable to move on", when I came back from my couple of trips back to Oz (although I used different words).
I'm glad you had such a wonderful time and am looking forward to hearing more about it and seeing more of your pictures.
Normalcy will return soon enough, I'm sure :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home