stepping stones of truth

A journey along the path of life - the stones can be rough, smooth or even wobbly!

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Saturday morning stroll










That was a sort of photo diary of a very gentle stroll around the lanes and woods. Unedited and as it came out of the camera - wire fences and all.To be honest, I was checking the camera's batteries - I tried some new ones, and all of a sudden, any battery only lasted four photos. Disaster! Especially in view of my trip to Kyoto, when an average day will see fifty photos, at least. I am thinking of replacing it with a newer, slimmer model that I can manually over-ride - rather than just point and play.My only ever other camera was a Retina IIIc, which the model that they took on the first successful climb on Everest (did you know it should be pronounced Eve-rest, like the guy it was named after?) It was lovely, with a Schneider Xenon lens, that had the front part interchangeable. And very light. I loved it.

The sun was warm this morning, but the air is still chilly. I think everyone is making the most of the sunny spell before the mists and murk of winter take hold. It was very restful to lean on the bridge over the river, and watch the leaves being carried along in the clear water. The bridge replaces an old ford, and when there has been heavy rain and strong currents you can see the old paving slabs on the bottom. Today though the water was clear and shallow, and the Youngest Daughter (who, in her late twenties, is beginning to appreciate the delights of walks in the Dorset countryside) pointed out that there was some other underwater stonework much further downstream that we had noticed before.


She also noticed that it was impossible to walk through the drifts of dry leaves without your feet making a kicking motion to add to the sound. Correct!

3 Comments:

At 9:49 pm, Blogger Tabor said...

On my trip to Italy I took two rechargable batteries and spent the money for a charger that would work in Europe. It worked for my daughters camera batteries and cell phone as well.

 
At 5:39 pm, Blogger Zen said...

Hey Val,

GREAT shots! Loved the trees!

Thanks for dropping by and the good wishes :-)

Have a fun and safe trip!!!

 
At 6:28 pm, Blogger Kerri said...

It's nice to see a bit of your area. That's a pretty walk! I hope you can figure out what the problem is. Strange!
I had a second chat on the phone with Val last night. She's so pleasant to chat with...just like she is on her blog. Felt like we were old friends :)
Lucky you to be going to Kyoto!Have a wonderful trip! I'll look forward to seeing your photos.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home