stepping stones of truth

A journey along the path of life - the stones can be rough, smooth or even wobbly!

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The next step on the path


I really needed to have a few moments in the fresh air, so I set off on my first small journey across the road, to look at the river and see if any snowdrops were poking their green shoots through the hard earth yet.

I never realised that the sun set that far away from due west at midwinter. I cant believe I have never seen this sight before. It took my breath away.

And yes by the river there are tiny green shoots among the leaf litter - the first signs that spring will follow winter. And I too will follow my path from one step to another. Despite the progress being unpredictable.



Happy New Year. I hope it is a good year ahead for all of us.

5 Comments:

At 1:16 pm, Blogger Tabor said...

Happiest of New Years to you as well. Snow drops...can't wait.

 
At 9:13 pm, Blogger Kerri said...

I'm glad to hear you're mobile again. How encouraging to see snowdrop shoots peeping through the earth. I just looked out to see if our sun is setting, and yes it is, at 4PM (and earlier lately).
I also noticed that a car had gone off the road into the ditch at the bottom of the hill, and people were in the process of helping to pull it out. We've had 4 inches of new snow and it's slippery out there. The wind is frigid as well.
I hope you had a very merry Christmas, dear Val. Wishing you joy, good health and many blessings for the new year.

 
At 6:06 am, Blogger Vishwa said...

Val...you have such a wonderful affinity and connection with Nature and it's so good to experience it through your posts. Thank you.

 
At 8:36 am, Blogger Reflection Through The Seasons said...

Beautiful picture! I also find it interesting to note the point at which the sun sets throughout the year..... it is quite amazing. We’ve had some spectacular ones recently too...... yesterday in particular, John and I were returning from Aberystwyth following the coast road, we watched as the sun dropped to the horizon and the sky was filled with stunning shades of reds and orange, as you say, quite breathtaking.

As a new year begins and new green shoots appear, as always, we give thanks that life springs eternal in the human breast.

Happy New Year Dear Val. Marion

 
At 12:12 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Val. I enjoy visiting here and look forward to your future posts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home